Valentine’s Day has come and gone, and you probably spent all this time making sure everyone around you felt incredibly loved on the special day…and I’m sure they all did! But, woman-to-woman, it’s really important that you show yourself some love, too. The other day, Nick was so sweet and told me to, “go have a ‘girly’ day.” (Have I ever mentioned how much I love that man?!) I took his much-needed advice, woke up the next day and pampered myself. Nick stayed at home and watched Cam with no questions asked—no wondering how long I would be gone or where I would be going. He just let me go do me for a bit. I didn’t realize that this little bit of “me time” would have me coming back feeling like a whole new woman! We need to “recharge” every once in a while. Whether you’re a mom, student, wife, girlfriend, or just a hardworking woman, you need some time here and there to just stop and chill out! So I decided I would put together some inspiration on taking time to love YOU:
- Beautify: I personally find that getting a mani/pedi in a bright, new and fun shade always heightens my happiness. Salons have amazing colors right now, just in time for some spring spirit! (I’m really loving white nails right now!). If not nails, go get a blow out or try a facial! Do something different that you usually don’t have the time for, but that makes you feel like the gorgeous goddess you are!
- Spa Day: Treat yourself to a massage. Some nail salons will even give you an extra 10-minute foot massage for just $10. (Not bad, right?!) A massage will help release some of the built up stress you’ve acquired from parenting, school, work, etc. It’s a healthy way to relieve tension from your body and your mind.
- Shop: When Nick had me take my girly day, I headed over to one of my favorite boutiques and picked out a couple new things. I’m not saying go on a crazy shopping spree, but you can definitely allow yourself to splurge a little. Just like anything else, keep it in moderation… It’s okay every now and again!
- Indulge: I personally happen to love a good, gluttonous coffee here and there (which is exactly what I picked up before I got my nails done that day), but no matter what you have the taste for, go out and get it. Maybe it’s something healthy, or maybe it’s a Bundt Cake with cream cheese frosting… Whatever it is, you deserve it! Indulging in your favorite meal once in a blue moon isn’t going to kill you! Heck, even cook yourself a dinner-for-one!! There’s nothing better than enjoying your own, home-cooked meal.
- Relax: Take a break from work, parenting, your relationship; instead, take a bath, go on a walk, watch a movie, read a book… Do anything that will let your mind wander elsewhere for the time being. It’s amazing how just a little time away can help immensely with anything you have going on in your life. It increases your ability to focus more clearly on those aspects… it will help you be better at whatever your doing! I love turning my phone off and hopping into a bath complete with soothing oils and some relaxing music… Enya A Day without Rain, Alicia Keys Songs in A Minor, Ray Lamontagne Gossip in the Grain or Trouble.
I promise, you’ll come out of the day feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the world again. It’s amazing how showing yourself a little love can go such a long way.
Now, tell me, how do YOU pamper yourself? Are you like me? Or do you have some others ways you like to chill out and relax? Let me know in the comments!